Maine Deer Hunting
Northern Maine has some of the most extraordinary trophy whitetail deer hunting in the United States. There are very few areas in the world that contain more 200 pound-plus bucks per square mile than the North Woods of Maine.
- Deer Hunting Seasons & Bag Limits
- Deer Permits & Licenses
- Deer Survey Results
- Maine Deer Hunters Group on Facebook
Deer are among the most familiar animals of Maine, and in many places they are the largest wildlife that people encounter. Their aesthetic beauty is appreciated and admired, although their fondness for crops, garden and landscape plants tries some peoples’ patience.
- White-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus borealis, Fig. 1) occur throughout Maine in mixed woodlands, forest edges, swamps, open brushy meadows, farmland, in low-elevation stream and river corridors, and near populated areas.
- They derive their name from their broad, 10 to 11 inch long tail. When alarmed, white-tailed deer raise their flag like tail, displaying the white underside. White-tailed deer are usually reddish tan in summer and brownish gray in winter.
- Bucks may attain live weights of up to 300 pounds and adult does tip the scales at up to 150 pounds. White-tails have incredibly keen ears, allowing them to hear humans from a distance. They are also strong swimmers; they have been clocked at 13 miles per hour for a distance of three miles.
Maine Deer Hunting Guides
Maine Deer Hunting Guides
5 Maine Guides/Outfitters Found
Rangeley, ME - Guided hunting in the western mountains of Maine. Our emphasis is on quality hunting with a small number of hunters. Fully guided bear, deer, moose and coyote hunts. Full accommodations.
Weston, ME - For the first timer and seasoned paddler. Choose a guided canoe trip on the St. Croix, Allagash, and Penobscot Rivers 3-8 days. View wildlife, enjoy comfortable campsites & great meals cooked over an open fire. Trophy bull moose hunts offered in WMD 1
Rangeley, ME - Offering guided deer, moose and bear over bait hunts in the Western Mountains area in zones 7 & 8. Also offer Women's Weekend Retreats & kayak tours. Most guided trips include comfortable lodging and homemade meals in our cozy cabins.
Grand lake stream, Me - Spoecialize in bobcat hunts with hounds, Black bear over bait and hounds.
KINGFIELD, Ma - We are a Family owned and operated business in the Beautiful Western Maine Mountains. We also have a Guide service and a list of competent local Guides who we refer and can outfit you for your next Outdoor Adventure!