Maine Deer Hunting
Northern Maine has some of the most extraordinary trophy whitetail deer hunting in the United States. There are very few areas in the world that contain more 200 pound-plus bucks per square mile than the North Woods of Maine.
- Deer Hunting Seasons & Bag Limits
- Deer Permits & Licenses
- Deer Survey Results
- Maine Deer Hunters Group on Facebook
Deer are among the most familiar animals of Maine, and in many places they are the largest wildlife that people encounter. Their aesthetic beauty is appreciated and admired, although their fondness for crops, garden and landscape plants tries some peoples’ patience.
- White-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus borealis, Fig. 1) occur throughout Maine in mixed woodlands, forest edges, swamps, open brushy meadows, farmland, in low-elevation stream and river corridors, and near populated areas.
- They derive their name from their broad, 10 to 11 inch long tail. When alarmed, white-tailed deer raise their flag like tail, displaying the white underside. White-tailed deer are usually reddish tan in summer and brownish gray in winter.
- Bucks may attain live weights of up to 300 pounds and adult does tip the scales at up to 150 pounds. White-tails have incredibly keen ears, allowing them to hear humans from a distance. They are also strong swimmers; they have been clocked at 13 miles per hour for a distance of three miles.
Maine Deer Hunting Guides
Maine Deer Hunting Guides
5 Maine Guides/Outfitters Found
Wilton, ME - Making every trip an expedition of a lifetime. World class guided trips for fly fishing and multi-day canoe camping expeditions from the Mausam river to The Rangeley Lakes Region and "upta" The Allagash Wilderness Waterway.
Danforth, ME - A secluded four season resort with over 5000 feet of lake frontage and the finest accommodations. We specialize in bear, deer, and moose hunting, and excellent smallmouth bass fishing.
Gardiner, ME - Hunt with Maine's most competent guides in prime bear and bobcat country. Our knowledge and experience of over 30 years will work to your advantage.
Presque Isle, ME - moose/partridge hunts in zones 1,2,3,4,5,6 only call u need to make. we camp in the corners of zones 1,2,4,5 lodging, guiding, hot meals everyday, gutting/loading, transport to tagging station and meatcutter, all at a great price. u come as a friend and l
Sebec, ME - Our lodge is located on Sebec Lake - We cater to outdoor sportsmen. Deer - Bear - Moose - Bobcat - Best in Hunting + meals + Lodging + Fishing - Come Join Us.